|Dental Assistant Per Diem
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting t- the Program Director, the Dental Assistant is responsible for performing all duties required t- support the on-site dentist including but not limited t- chair side assisting, instrument preparation and maintenance, and preparation and maintenance of dental medical records. The Dental Assistant supports the work flow of the Dentist t- insure patients are seen as scheduled in a timely and efficient manner. Interrelate with Medical and Nursing Staff, Administrative Staff, and Security Staff on all levels.
* Chair-side assistance t- the Dentist which may include:
- Radiographic exposures
- Impressions for opposing study casts
- Retracting gingivae prior t- impression procedures
- Impressions for space maintainers, orthodontic appliances, etc.
- Periodontal and surgical dressings
- Suture removal
- Topical anesthetics
- Polishing coronal surfaces
- Preparing teeth for bonding by etching
- Applying pit and fissure sealants
* Dental set-up for each patient; ensure all instruments, materials, necessary paperwork are available as required for dental work
* Breakdown between patients disinfecting and maintaining universal precautions and preventing cross-patient contamination
* Sterilization of all instruments and associated autoclave maintenance as required
* Medical record preparation
* Patient education of and instruction in oral health and insures that appropriate educational information concerning oral health is made readily available
* With the Dentist identifies inmate/patient dental knowledge deficits and instructs appropriately
* Serves as the facility resource with regard t- dental care and provides training for staff as needed
* Performs other specific duties as required.
* A Certified Dental Assistant
* 1-3 years experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Apply Here: www.Click2apply.net/84zd4fcgzbghpq3f